Thanks for visiting our blog!

We hope that through our blog you'll get a glimpse of our world. We'd like to think our life is exciting enough to document, but really we're just "average joe's" living each day, loving each other!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Holiday Happiness!

So, not only am I Lucy's mom, but I must also be the mother of all slackers as well! I've been needing to update this since November, but things aren't as easy as they used to be. The holiday's came and went and now Lucy is almost 3 months old. Our lives have been totally turned upside down. I never knew taking a shower or brushing my teeth would be so much work! Our "get-up-and-go" life has "got-up-and-gone" at least for the next 18 or so years! Actually, I've never had a job that has been more fulfilling, challenging, and amazing. Becoming a mother has been such a blessing. I still have days where I freak out when I realize that I/we are responsible for this little human.

Lucy is a very good baby. She hasn't laughed yet, but is trying really hard. She loves to suck on her hands and is starting to figure out how to use them. She likes to cuddle with mommy and talk with her daddy. Her eyes light up when he comes home and it makes my heart melt.
Micah is halfway done with his intern year. His current rotation is plastic surgery and he's really enjoying it. A lot of the surgeries have been reconstructions so he's able to use his artistic side. He is planning on competing in a half-Ironman in August and is enjoying getting back in a training routine. We just joined the local gym and it has been so nice for both of us to get back into our active lifestyle.

I am keeping busy with Lucy, our house and getting back into the gym. I've also met some other young mom's to get together with. Toledo is slowly becoming home and I'm still amazed at how much God blesses those who are obedient to him!

We spent Thanksgiving down in Mississippi with Micah's family and had a great time on Aunt Lee's farm. Here is a slideshow of a few pictures.



My family drove out from Colorado to celebrate Christmas with us. Here are a few photos.





I'll try to keep this more up to date in 2009. God Bless!

5 comments:

Hills' Angels said...

Oh my gosh! How amazing is your lil' fam!!? I can't believe that Lucy is already 3 months old. She is a beauty! I'm glad to see that you guys have made it though 1/2 of intern year. They keep telling us R2 is worst, but I think we can handle ANYTHING, right Kaylea?! (Oh Micah, you too!) Well, parenthood definitely suits you guys and we are so very happy for you. Take care and keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

What a treasure we have in our sweet Baby Lucy. "The princess of the kingdom." We had fun and great memories. We love you all and pray for you daily.
Much Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh No! "the princess of the kingdom"- really mom!? REALLY! The update is awesome Kay! The picts turned out pretty good! I dont think you realize how your eyes have changed since Lucy came. It was one thing to see your eyes change when you met Micah, it was a more secure and free look. But with Lucy there is utter nervousness and excitment all wrapped in one look! Your gorgeous! I want to have that look one day- lol, well both looks actually! :) Love ya- ash

Jamieson Family said...

Hello fellow northerners. I cannot believe he big she is getting. I can't wait to get my hands on her. when can we get together next?! You could come up to the car show!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures. Lucy is blessed with a lot of love in her life!